The main advantages of ultrasonic anemometer over conventional anemometer are listed here.
- No moving parts, Maintenance-free
- Long life, low power consumption
- Wide range voltage supply 9~36V DC
- Various installation bases
- Supporting multiple protocols support, SDI12/MODBUS/Ascii
Mechanical wind sensor’s life is generally about one year, and ultrasonic wind sensor life is generally 3-5 years.
No, compared with the mechanical principle, the price of the ultrasonic anemometer is higher, but if considering from the comprehensive cost, its performance-price ratio is the highest.
After all, the later maintenance costs can not be ignored.
I suggest that you should consider the following aspects:
- Industry Experience and Position of Manufacturers
- Wide application experience and customer reputation
- Comprehensive consideration of price and after-sale
- Manufacturer’s production capacity and annual shipment